As the Advocacy and Support Counsellor, you will provide a confidential, early intervention service that uses a number of therapeutic models including short term counselling, solution-focused therapies and CBT.
Skills and Abilities:
- A recognised Social Work or Psychology tertiary qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in the child and family welfare field; in Permanent Care, Out-of-Home Care, Child Protection, Family Services, or other services working with vulnerable families and children
- An understanding of child development and theoretical frameworks for trauma, grief, loss and attachment relating to children and young people placed in foster and permanent care
- Experience in short term therapeutic counselling and support to clients individually, and through group work.
- Outstanding communication and written skills
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, efficient support services to foster, permanent carers and adopted parents to improve morale, resolve issues and retain carers in the sector
- Advertise and promote the extension of the Carer Assistance Program (CAP) to permanent carers and adopted parents using a variety of platforms
- Advocate for continued funding from DFFH and other funding opportunities based on the success of the program
- Record data so that the program can be regularly monitored and assessed
Why work with KLC?
KLC Recruitment is one of the staffing providers in a wide sector of industries providing an honest and transparent experience from start to finish. We push the limits and challenge the norms of standard recruitment to consistently recruit in an innovative manner.
- Our Recruitment Consultant who will work hard and assist you to secure the right roles for your skillset
- Access to roles offered exclusively through KLC
Click APPLY! Visit klcrecruitment.com.au or call (03) 9857 6756 for more information.