As the Complex Trauma Practitioner, you will collaborate with a trans-disciplinary trauma-informed team to ensure delivery of high quality, client-led counselling, casework and advocacy services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (i.e., Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health) and along with other training and experience related to the delivery of trauma-informed counselling services for people who experience complex trauma, with a specific focus on people with disability.
- A minimum of two years experience in the counselling, family services, the disability sector and/or mental health sectors
- Experience working with young people and children with disabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of delivering counselling and casework for people with disabilities, people who experience complex trauma and recovery approaches to intervention.
- Demonstrate your genuine interest and commitment to collaborating with LGBTIQA+, First Nation, and people of colour in a way that is affirming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver centre-based and outreach counselling sessions through a range of mediums, including face-to-face, phone and online platforms.
- Provide group programs for people who experience complex trauma, isolation and disadvantage.
- Support the design, delivery and implementation of research and evaluation.
- Provide community engagement and development approach to build supportive pathways for vulnerable communities and families.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training to community members, partners and the broader sector.
- Work collaboratively with the transdisciplinary team and other services to identify and address services gaps and client needs.
Click APPLY! Visit klcrecruitment.com.au or call (03) 9857 6756 for more information.