As the Family Services Practitioner, you will be undertaking therapeutic casework, supporting clients and their families. If you are looking for a challenge as you commence your career in a friendly, supportive environment then this opportunity is for you.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work and/or psychology or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability as a practitioner and case manager in the disability, child, youth and family welfare field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices to engage and assure the cultural safety of clients from a diverse range of backgrounds, including those from an Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or CALD background, or the LGBTI community.
- Capacity to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing intensive casework of families, whilst undertaking risk and needs assessments
- Assist families in advocating plans that contain parenting and disability supports that assist in maintaining the sustainability of care or support family reunification where possible.
- Utilising strategies to actively ensure the safety, protection and well-being of children
- Using a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
Click APPLY! Visit klcrecruitment.com.au or call (03) 9857 6756 for more information.