As a Youth Case Manager, you are responsible for providing support to young people aged 12-18 years and their families in a variety of settings. The Case Manager will provide mentoring, supervision, and support to the team in addition to holding complex cases.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of Diploma level qualification in Community Services OR tertiary qualification in Social Work (desirable)
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability as a Practitioner in the Child, Youth and Family welfare field (preferably Home-Based Care)
- Demonstrated ability to assess and appropriately respond to risk for children aged 0-18 and engage families successfully
- Understanding of the Best Interests Framework and having a commitment to the family-centred Approach
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and case management services to young people to achieve outcomes in the context of individual needs/case plans
- Support and mentor team members with complex cases
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Facilitate regular care team meetings and ensure the young person’s needs and views are well represented
- Maintain comprehensive professional case notes, reports, client files and records
- Undertake lead tenant recruitment, training, and retention activities
- Promote positive safety culture by contributing to health and safety consultation and communication
Click APPLY! Visit klcrecruitment.com.au or call (03) 9857 6756 for more information.