Our clients have a passionate commitment to social justice and works for the rights of children, young people, and families. They are currently seeking Therapeutic Specialist to join their teams to work on some exciting programs.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, or related subject area. Post Graduate training in relevant child, adolescent and family clinical practice, family work and systemic thinking is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working intensively with families and delivering therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma.
- Proven ability to conduct systemic assessments including demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills particularly in relation developing hypotheses to explain the referred client behaviour.
- Knowledge on social skills assessment and intervention
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure that appropriate assessment procedures including risk assessment, therapeutic planning processes and outcome measurements are undertaken for each child or young person.
- Provide support to staff, carers, and members of each child’s therapeutic network. This will include facilitating group reflective practice and training for staff especially in the areas of trauma and its impact on the young person.
- Facilitate the development and timely review of Individual Therapeutic Care Plans
- Plan and implement interventions, in collaboration with the care team, to engage families, communities and young person in a process that assists relational repair and increased family/community connection.
- Conduct assessments of young people, their families, and the social and community networks to identify risks and strengths of the systems to incorporate into a therapeutic intervention.
- Deliver clinical services to a targeted complex caseload of young people and their families (working primarily through caregivers) including assessments, problem conceptualisation, planning and treatment).
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please APPLY NOW by uploading your current CV. If you would like more information about this role of any of the other roles listed on www.klcrecruitment.com.au or please call (03) 9857 6756