Our client is currently seeking multiple qualified and experienced Residential Care Workers to engage and provide trauma informed therapeutic support to children and young people in residential care.
- Various Locations
- Permanent Role
- Full Time Hours
Our client is currently seeking multiple qualified and experienced Residential Care Workers to engage and provide trauma informed therapeutic support to children and young people in residential care, ensuring their safety and wellbeing including the development of their personal skills, all administrative requirements and household duties.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and out of home care), or other similar or relevant tertiary qualifications.
- A current valid Victorian driver’s license
- A genuine interest in young people and their wellbeing.
- Demonstrate empathy for the young people in our care in an open minded and nonjudgmental manner.
- Employment Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Participating in day-to-day operations, which includes performing household duties.
- Providing high quality physical and emotional care for children/young people in residential care, ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
- Transport clients to and from appointments
- Providing and participating in appropriate recreational activities for and with the children and young people.
- Providing opportunities for children and young people to maintain contact, and where appropriate, invite family members, relatives, and friends to the house.
- Actively supporting the children and young person’s integration into schools, employment or appropriate day programs or therapeutic programs that will meet their individual needs.
- Ensure that procedures relating to the house communication book, reporting, and recording of critical incidents, missing residents and residential care standards are followed.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please APPLY NOW by uploading your current CV. If you would like more information about this role of any of the other roles listed on www.klcrecruitment.com.au or please call (03) 9857 6756