We are currently seeking a Family Services Social Worker to work for our client who specialises in community services and family violence.
Candidates must have experience within the sector, working knowledge of issues facing women and children experiencing family violence and the ability to develop care plans.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related tertiary qualification
- Valid Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability as a practitioner in the child, youth, and family welfare, with a focus on women and children
- Experience in managing caseloads of clients who are experiencing family violence
- Thorough understanding of the ‘Best Interests framework’, and family strengthening empowerment models of practice
- Current Clear National Police Check (within 3 years) and an International Police Check if you have worked more than 12 months in a country outside of Australia in the last 10 years.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a caseload of whole families with a focus on the perpetrator
- Delivering screening and triage, assessment, and crisis response
- Delivering services via phone, in person, and outreach support
- Recording client information via the CRM
- Applying for brokerage on behalf of clients
- Providing advocacy and support activities
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please APPLY NOW by uploading your current CV and Cover Letter. If you would like more information about this role of any of the other roles listed on www.klcrecruitment.com.au please call (03) 9857 6756