Our client currently seeking an experienced Case Manager to work to support young people aged 9-17 years in or at risk of entering out of home care or youth detention.
Our client has a passionate commitment to social justice and works for the rights of children, young people and families. They are currently seeking an experienced Case Manager to work to support young people aged 9-17 years in or at risk of entering out of home care or youth detention.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor’s in Social Work is required
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., systems, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma and present with complex needs
- Behavioral therapy targeting behavioral change in children at home and school
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Assisting therapists in gathering information about resources for clients through a proactive stance of working to anticipate the need of clients and families
- Engaging primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement
- Building a relationship with community stakeholders to ensure cooperation among service providers
- Assisting the clinical team and parents with children’s school adjustment
- Developing a resource list for the team of activities and services available in the community that support the clinical interventions
- Be available to clinicians and engage in activities to support clinicians in their work with families
If this role sounds ideal for you, please APPLY NOW or for more information on this role or other roles advertised by KLC Recruitment call (03) 9857 6756.