Our client supports people with physical and intellectual disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. They support and empower people to defeat drawbacks and barriers to personal and social growth.
Our client supports people with physical and intellectual disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. They support and empower people to defeat drawbacks and barriers to personal and social growth. They are currently seeking a flexible and resourceful Speech Pathologist to join their team of young, energetic and motivated service delivery personnel. The successful applicant must have a passion for helping people and a goal to positively change lives!
We encourage everyone to apply! From Juniors to Seniors are welcome to apply.
To be successful for this role you must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Speech Therapy or Speech-language Pathology
- Certificate of registration by AHPRA
- Experience with a range of speech disorders across a variety of age groups and a sound understanding of speech disorders and treatments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- A clear DWES Check
- An employment Working with Children’s’ Card
- A clear National Police Check
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening and preventing language, speech and swallowing disorders
- Communicating with patients and liaising with their families, physicians and teachers to design effective treatment plans. Educating them on speech disorders and available therapies
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative communicating techniques to provide best care
- Taking detailed notes on patient history and progress and evaluating patient progress and implementing changes as required
If this sounds like the ideal role for you please APPLY NOW by uploading your most recent CV. Or if you would like more information on this role and other roles advertised by KLC, please call 9857 6756.