Our client has a passionate commitment to social justice and works for the rights of children, young people and families.
They are currently seeking a Masters Qualified Family Therapist to work to support young people aged 9-17 years in or at risk of entering out of home care or youth detention.
To be successful you must have;
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or related subject area
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma
- Demonstrated experience with direct use of pragmatic family therapies
- Knowledge and experience of cognitive behavioural techniques and behavioural therapy targeting behavioural change
- Knowledge on social skills assessment and intervention
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Your responsibilities will include;
- Conducting MST assessments including reviews of referral information, identifying key strengths and weaknesses and developing an analysis
- Engaging with primary caregivers and other key participants in active change-orientated treatment
- Using the MST Analytic Process to implement treatment plans and outcome strategy revision procedures
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices
- Build strong relationships with community stakeholders such as DHHS, schools, judges, court counsellors etc
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please APPLY NOW but uploading your most recent CV and Cover Letter. Or for more information about this role, please call KLC Recruitment on (03) 9857 6756